DUAL SHAFT BASKET MILL
The M850 basket mill improves particle size and narrows particle distribution. It is a submersible media mill that uses the force of dense grinding media and product flow to achieve particle size reduction.
- allows for a one-tank process
- eliminates pumps, hoses, and extra mix tanks
- production sizes
- laboratory sizes
The unique design of the Myers’ mill allows independent speed control of both the media and batch agitators, giving greater flexibility and process control.
You may also want to see our Single Shaft Mixers.
- Available For Rent
- Download Spec Sheet
- One tank process
- 304 S/S wetted parts
- No pumps and hoses
- Reduced milling time
- Increased pigment strength
- Faster cleanup
- Dual shaft design allows for greater flexibility for a wider range of batch sizes.
- Foot bearing and seals are not required, reducing maintenance issues.
- Less heat build up due to the cooling shroud surrounding the mill chamber.
Application: Beaded Carbon Black milled on horizontal mill
Problem: Excessive time for milling process and particle distribution exceeded minimum requirements.
Solution: Changed milling process to Myers basket mill using a 15 liter bead chamber for a 500 liter batch.
Results: Reduced milling time by 60% over horizontal mill and improved.